Other highlights:
Charlotte was very excited to go home at the ripe old age of 1 day.
She enjoyed being the center of attention and meeting family members who came to the hospital and friends that stopped by the house in the following weeks.

After several days hanging out inside, Charlotte and I began to get cabin fever so we took our first postpartem outing--a walk around the neighborhood. Proud parents, can we say?

Charlotte is pleased to report that she's already got Dad wrapped around her little finger. She loves spending time with him.

Charlotte likes to dress up whenever she gets the chance. (Okay, okay, I love to dress her up whenever I get the chance. But can you blame me...isn't she just too cute?)

Charlotte always keeps us laughing!

And the most special day of all, Charlotte was blessed by Mitch at church. It was a wonderful blessing and really neat that she was blessed in the outfit made by Mitch's grandmother. I couldn't help but think she looked like a little china doll!

Charlotte is a sweet girl. She is such a joy to have in our lives. She is pretty mellow and only cries when she needs something, and even then, her cries aren't very loud. When she sleeps she stretches her arms up over her head—when I try and swaddle her, she always start fussing and fighting to pull her arms out. When she sleeps, she likes to turn her face to the side. Her little right ear still folds over on the top. I thought her ear had simply been a little squished from the delivery, but it is still folded over. It is very cute.
When Charlotte starts to fall asleep or is just beginning to wake up, she makes what Mitch and I have coined "honks." She also will make "uh-uh-uh" sounds. Usually this means she is hungry, but sometimes she just wants to be picked up or given some attention.
Charlotte has such delicate long fingers. Many people have already commented how her hands are “piano hands.” And her feet! They are just like Mitch’s: long, narrow, with long toes. Wonder if that means she'll be tall?
After just a month, it seemed like we had always had Charlotte with us and yet, we could hardly believe it had already been a month! We couldn't be happier with our little family...and yes, we are getting some sleep.

Okay I have been blog stalking you guys for a while now, but I have to say, SHE IS ADORABLE!! I'm sad my parents aren't in the ward still so I can see her over break. Congratulations to you both!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these precious pictures of your little Charlotte. I loved the "funny" ones - she will certainly appreciate those in a few years! ;o) Beautiful family......You all look very happy and content!
ReplyDeleteYay! I loved this post; I've been waiting for it eagerly! I'm glad you guys are getting some sleep; I know it's often tough for the first while. I love the little fold in her ear, too--it is very cute. I hope I get to meet her sometime soon! We're hoping to see you guys when you're around this summer!
ReplyDeleteYour baby is ugly. Ok, I'm just kidding - she is cute. It's going to be a lot of fun to see you guys in a couple weeks - I'm sure Isaac will have a fun time pulling Charlotte's hair and otherwise making her life miserable.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She is so so beautiful. My son is already 11 months old and it's hard to believe he was that little just such a short time ago.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte is a doll! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It sounds like y'all are getting the hang of things pretty well. Hopefully one day I will see that precious baby.
ReplyDelete