Her Valentine's present arrived yesterday. I liked the pink, red and white combo and she did too, as is evidenced by that beautiful smile. (on a separate note, how about that wallpapering!)
Nat's sister is a very talented artist. She entered this work depicting Eve after having eaten the fruit in a display at BYU. Natalie actually modeled as Eve for this painting.
A shot of my beautiful bride-to-be!
A little about Natalie: she grew up in Anchorage, AK and is the fifth of seven kids. Her family is wonderful; her dad is a good, good man who serves in the stake presidency and her mom is a hard worker and so fun to chat with. She will graduate from BYU in Human Development this summer. I met her family and knew of Nat when I hometaught her older sister but I didn't really get to know her until Summer '08. I had always thought she was cute but since she was at BYU and only home for summers, we never were close. With one week to go before her summer break ended, we started dating. We weren't sure where things would go but we kept in touch and quickly realized that all systems were go!! We spent part of the Christmas holiday with my family (LOTS AND LOTS of family....she got it from the Call side and the Sego side which was probably both jarring and nice to know what she's up against. By the way, thank you, Calls, for befriending her...she really liked you guys a lot!) We got engaged on January 2nd and have just been trying to be patient until June 26th rolls around. We've spent less than 3 weeks together so it will be especially novel to be married ("We can finally start dating regularily," I tell her.)
Natalie is sweet and loving and very smart and talented. I sure am excited to be with her for all eternity.
Us Calls liked her too. She was very sweet and we are glad that she's joining the family.
ReplyDeleteThank you for introducing me to the mystery woman. Habla ella el espanol? Natalie-- you're beautiful. Sego-- you're a pretty, lucky man. Felicitaciones! (I sure wish I knew how to make computer accents.)
ReplyDeleteMitch- you got a beautiful girl!! We're looking forward to our trip in June and meeting her in person! Peace out my Brotha-Jason
ReplyDeleteOh, and Mitch i'd have to say that YOU are also a good, good man.
Jason
Here's the famous blog I've been searching for! Natalie is the most wonderful lady in the world and I can think of anyone better to complement her. I'm excited to see your adventures together!
ReplyDeleteKatie! How rude! "I CAN think of anyone better..." hehe.
ReplyDelete