This summer we also went blueberry picking with my family. Blueberry picking has been an annual tradition in my family as long as I can remember, so I was very excited to teach Mitch the ways:
Rule #1
Berry-holding device must be hands-free, in order to provide maximum picking capacity and to prevent accidental spillage (the terrain can be a bit rough and require both hands to maneuver).
Rule #2
If rainy or wet, proper attire must be worn making it possible to reach every berry in sight, whether requiring the picker to sit, slide, or lay prostrate on top of bushes to reach the desired berries.
Rule #3
Leila will always manage to pick the most berries...no matter how hard you try to keep up. Unless! she happens to be carrying her not-yet-one-year-old daughter. THEN you just might be able to beat her! But only if you are very determined.

Rule #4
You must make a fresh blueberry sour cream pie. As. Soon. As. Possible!


Leila will always manage to pick the most berries...no matter how hard you try to keep up. Unless! she happens to be carrying her not-yet-one-year-old daughter. THEN you just might be able to beat her! But only if you are very determined.
Rule #4
You must make a fresh blueberry sour cream pie. As. Soon. As. Possible!
Natalie! I found your blog via Facebook. I didn't know you guys are living in Alaska! How fun!! how are things going!?
ReplyDeletehaha, all those rules are so true! :D
ReplyDeletemmm...and now I want fresh Alaskan blueberry pie so badly! oh well...
love and miss you both!
PIE!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was melanie
ReplyDeleteNow next year, I think Mitch should do a "getting out" segment with your family. It seems like you got the rules down and should share them on tv. This would be helpful for new comers and any natives that have not had success with blueberry picking. Your pie looks yummy...how about a recipe.
ReplyDelete