The weekends are supposed to be so restful, right?
Despite that, sometimes (okay, oftentimes), we make it to Sunday evening and breathe an exhausted sigh of relief cuz we're so dang tuckered out! And usually make expressions like this:
Mitch heads out for meetings at 9:30am. Charlotte and I follow at 10:45am. Meetings last till noon. We stay, because there is no point to head home. And then we usually get home by 4:45pm. It makes for a long (but of course, worthwhile) day! And who knew having a baby would make it that much more crazy? Whenever I feel frazzled at trying to make sure I've gotten copies made for my lesson, announcements written up for YW opening exercises, diaper changed, baby fed and burped, catching up with someone in the hall, checking in with my counselors quickly--and all in between classes!--I remind myself that I really have relatively so little on my plate....after all, I only have ONE child!
But I will admit, that after changing that diaper today, I did sit down in the rocking chair in the mother's room with Charlotte on my lap and eat the half of the chocolate muffin I had packed for my lunch. I just knew there had to have been a good reason for buying 6, large and deliciously bad-for-you chocolately Costco muffins, other than my out-of-control sweet-tooth that has been in full force lately. Inspiration, right? Now if only I can convince Mitch.
"But sweetie...I really think it is the right thing to do to buy these Little Debbies..."
For me, kitkat bars have more than once helped me through stressful times. Muffins sound good too. Every superwoman needs some source of power. Chocolate is a good one.
ReplyDeleteSuch a busy momma! But it sounds like you're taking it all in stride; well done. I love the photo of charlotte and her pretty dress! Her grumpy expression's totally awesome.
ReplyDeletesoooo cute! And I support the deliciously bad-for-you chocolatey muffin eating! Live it up cause it's true--all three of you are superwomen!
ReplyDeleteThere are NO chocolate Costco muffins in Buffalo, so I hope that encourages you to buy even more while you have them!
ReplyDelete