
And you thought $4 was bad! Time to trade in your diesel truck! Karen, I hope you don't mind that I stole this from you. It's just way too clever.
Ironically, Alaska exports huge amounts of crude oil to the lower 48 but there are no refineries here so it then has to be shipped back up after being refined. Our prices per gallon these days..$4.35. Go figure.
I know I haven't posted up the pics I promised of Alaska. When you're technologically impaired, these things take a while (not to mention my computer is bugging, and so is my camera).
I love that sign. Oh how true about prices. Gotta love those politicans that keep refineries away from the oil. They're so smart!
ReplyDeleteMitchell, I've been thinking of building an oil refinery in Alaska and I think you'd be great on the team. With your brains and my good lucks, nothing can stop us.
ReplyDeleteThere actually are refineries in Alaska. Flint Hills and Tesoro produces gasoline.
ReplyDeleteThe Petro refinery in Valdez had a fire a few weeks ago so is out of business for the time being. They produced heating oil, aviation fuel, etc. I don't think they were in the automotive fuel business.
I believe the Kenai Tesoro refinery distributes gasoline through its Tesoro ToGo stations throughout the state.
This is a list from Wikipedia of Alaska Refineries. I think the Kuparak Refinery is used exclusive for the oil companies to run their north slope operations.
* Kenai Refinery (Tesoro), Kenai 72,000 bbl/d (11,400 m³/d)
* Valdez Refinery (Petro Star), Valdez 50,000 bbl/d (7,900 m³/d)
* North Pole Refinery (Petro Star), North Pole 17,000 bbl/d (2,700 m³/d)
* Kuparuk Refinery (ConocoPhillips), Kuparuk 14,400 bbl/d (2,290 m³/d)
* North Pole Refinery (Flint Hills Resources), North Pole 210,000 bbl/d (33,000 m³/d)
* Prudhoe Bay Refinery (BP), Prudhoe Bay 12,500 bbl/d (1,990 m³/d)