Monday, January 12, 2009

THIS JUST IN....IT'S FLIPPIN' FRIGID!!!!!!!!!


This photo was sent in to our station from a little town in Interior Alaska called Tok. This is no joke...that really says -80 degrees! And the digital thermometer made by Davis is very reliable. It's just that brutally cold. There is silver lining in all this (although it's still frozen solid, too)...we are out of the cold snap and above zero. I look forward to our tropical climate this week in Anchorage (yes, 30 degrees IS tropical, folks!)

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking the silver lining is that it's that weather some place else and not where I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious...in your weather segments, do you say, "Well, folks, it looks like it's gonna be another flippin' frigid day here in Alaska". I bet they would love that. I can't really see Mike Morgan doing that here. But then he always used to tell me what kind of coat/jacket I should wear to school. Geez...some weathermen think they know everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am moving to Tok so I can have a legit reason for not doing anything for long periods of the year!

    Merritt

    ReplyDelete