One year ago I had a baby. A BABY I tell you! And it was a WHOLE YEAR ago!
And now...now I do not have a baby. Instead, my little, tiny, non-wriggly baby has been replaced by a crawling, talking (kind of), walking (okay, not really), food-eating, laughing, opinon-possessing BIG GIRL! Where did my baby go? And when did this happen?
Seriously.
And now...now I do not have a baby. Instead, my little, tiny, non-wriggly baby has been replaced by a crawling, talking (kind of), walking (okay, not really), food-eating, laughing, opinon-possessing BIG GIRL! Where did my baby go? And when did this happen?
Seriously.
![]() |
| Can you believe that? (And do you love my nerdiness that I made sure to use the same headband and coordinated outfits? I couldn't help it!) |
The weeks leading up to Charlotte's birthday, I had fun reminiscing about the weeks leading up to her birth. There were many, "Can you believe that one year ago, we/I/you...?" And then of course, I couldn't help but remember what a wonderful experience it was to bring her into this world. I may have even shed a few tears re-reading her birth story and watching the videos from right after she was born. Oh, what a sweet baby!
The big day finally arrived and boy was Charlotte excited! (And by Charlotte, I mean myself of course). Her Dad, Grandpa, Nana, Aunts, and cousins called throughout the day to sing her happy birthday and I greeted her in the morning with a rousing rendition as well (which she loved).
And to my surprise, look what the birthday elves left up on our wall!
| This may or may not still be up on our wall. I have to get good mileage out of the rare crafts I attempt. Thanks to Jill over on one of my favorite craft blogs for the good idea. |
I attempted to get a nice picture of the birthday girl...for posterity and all. Not easily done these days.
![]() |
| In fact (as you can clearly see), it's pretty close to impossible without employing the use of duct tape or hiring someone to hold her down. |
After the photo shoot, the guests began to arrive. We started the party off right by donning some elegant, hand-crafted party hats.
Then we dug into the pizza (birthday party-ing really works up a healthy appetite).
Admired the cake and presents.
And then watched the birthday girl tear into her spoils.
Next came the moment we'd all been waiting for. Time for a wee bit of sugar!
Bring out the good stuff, Mom!
Pictures of the aftermath. Despite what it appears, she was not as interested in her cupcake as we thought she would be (sigh of relief).
I still can't believe Charlotte is a whole year. We had a fun time celebrating and are so grateful for her. Hardly a day passes that Mitch and I don't turn to each other and exclaim how cute/delightful/wonderful/other superlative she is. We just love her and can't imagine life without her. It has been a most wonderful year.






looks like fun! I can't believe how fast time passes...
ReplyDeleteOh and ps I loved reading your birthstory, thank you for sharing!
What a fun party, it's amazing how fast they grow. Soon she'll be walking and getting into everything. Keep enjoying every moment.
ReplyDeleteI love the funny pictures of her crawling, especially the last one where her eyes are closed...hahaha! happy birthday to Charlotte! I also can't believe it's been a year!
ReplyDelete