Last year, Halloween was smack-dab in the middle of moving, baby blessing, and all-around newborn bliss. I considered dressing up and heading to trunk-or-treat for approximately 10 minutes. Then I had to feed Charlotte, and change her, and feed her again, and put her to bed, and well....you know.
So THIS year, needless to say, I was just a wee bit excited for some real Halloween festivities. First up, pumpkin carving!
Charlotte was a little tentative at first, but soon wasted no time trying to sample the pumpkin seeds. She finally caught the vision that they go "in the bowl, not in your mouth," but still required much vigilance on our part to make sure her first pumpkin carving experience was not her last.
![]() |
| Inspecting our work...we missed a few stringy-things. |
We didn't actually carve the face that night, but Charlotte got her fill of rubbing pumpkin around the kitchen floor and taking the lid on and off the pumpkin. Success!
This year I had major costume block (similar to writer's block). I couldn't think of what to be! My mind was a blank slate! Nothing was coming! I kept waiting for inspiration to hit, and before I knew it, I had 2 days left to throw something together for our family. Luckily, a) I have google and b) I have a mother. So I googled costumes till I found one I liked and then borrowed costume supplies from high school spirit days of yore as well as a goodly amount of fluffy cotton batting.
The results:
Saturday was basically our Halloween and we enjoyed Trick-or-Treat Town with Aunt Leila and Savannah, er, I mean Winnie the Pooh...
...as well as our ward's Trunk-or-Treat that evening, where Mitch lovingly harassed any child/teenager not in costume and we attempted to stay warm.
And on Halloween, we stayed in and were happily surprised by a decent showing of trick-or-treaters! I still feel bad for the kid I accidentally gave only one tootsie roll (Mitch had just replenished the candy supply with Charlotte's Trunk-or-Treat stash while I was in the other room, so I just assumed I was pulling out a real piece of chocolate). I could see the look of disappointment on his face (and totally relate) but my reaction time isn't very good, so he had moved on before I could gather myself together. Ah, well. Live and learn, right?
Happy Halloween!




cutest darn little sheep i ever did see!! i love what you've done with your blog, btw. and i love you're family.
ReplyDeleteI love your little sheep. You all looked great! Isn't fun to have a little one for Halloween? It brings to mind, our youth!!
ReplyDeleteEeee! The sheep costume is so cute!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember wearing that costume as Little Bo Peep, too! Good times. And i have to say...Mitch reminds me a bit of Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz (see your pic)! Uncanny!
ReplyDelete