Saturday, January 7, 2012

Merry Christmas


Christmas is, hands-down, Mitch and I's favorite holiday. We just can't get enough of it! So this year, since she was old enough to start getting into the spirit of things, we did our best to teach Charlotte the ways.

We started off by donning appropriate attire.


And then setting up and decorating the Christmas tree.


And of course, my favorite decorations: the nativities! This year I was spoiled by my mother-in-law for my birthday with many additional pieces to the Fontini set (which Charlotte loved too because she can actually touch this one since they aren't breakable. She enjoyed being able to put the baby Jesus in and out of his manger).

We also added to our collection a creche from Uganda made out of banana leaves and tree bark. It was love at first sight when I spied it at the Christmas bazaar downtown, but we hadn't been planning on buying anything, so I just sighed and said, "No, we probably shouldn't get it..." Luckily Mitch saw right through me and made the right call. Whew! I'm so glad he did, because I loved the new addition!


And then, finally, the morning we had all been waiting for. And yes! SANTA CAME!!!!!


We enjoyed a wonderful hour at church, where Charlotte was in heaven playing with and being fed cheerios by her favorite family in the ward, while I played the piano for the choir (and breathed a huge sigh of relief that she wasn't screaming her head off the entire meeting). Truly, a Christmas miracle!


I couldn't resist another "then and now" collage. That little scrunched-up cutie-face! Just melts my heart....


And then, present time! We had a blast opening presents and Charlotte really got good at unwrapping the presents (thanks, in part, to Aunt Melanie who sent a beautiful hand-painted set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves blocks...individually wrapped, to Charlotte's delight).


Charlotte took a nice long Christmas nap and then we were off to my sister's for a delicious dinner and great company. It was a wonderful Christmas...the only thing that could have made it better was if it could have just lasted a bit longer!

And for those who are interested, here is our Christmas letter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment