Sunday, October 13, 2013

Party Planner


At first, when I was thinking about what to do for Charlotte's birthday party, I was pretty set on a "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" theme. She loves the show and I thought it would be pretty cute. Every once in awhile, I'd ask Charlotte if she would like a Daniel Tiger party. To my surprise, she was fairly uninterested--even after several attempts. So, I asked her if she wanted to look online for birthday ideas. After looking through several pictures we came up with a list and she decided on a ballerina party. Her main request was for pink balloons.



A few weeks went by and I kept thinking about how this ballerina party was going to work. See, the majority of the kids we were going to invite were boys. I figured we could make it work, but wasn't exactly sure how. So I continued to mull it over.

Then, on one of our frequent Target trips (I check out the junk dollar aisle and clearance sections and the kids get to experience the toy section sans-cart. Win-win.), I spotted these:



"Ah! Perfect party favors!" my mind screamed. But I resisted the urge to snatch them up. After all, was this Charlotte's party or my party? But then again, I told myself, Charlotte loves all things doctor. And I mean LOVES. She constantly asks for "doctor stories" and is very serious about giving shots and doing doctor examinations on Mitch and I. Serious business.

So I asked Charlotte, "Do you want a doctor party?" "Yeah, sure. That'd be a good idea!" she replied. I waited, and on the way out, I double-checked for good measure, "Charlotte, do you want a ballerina party or a doctor party? A doctor party or a ballerina party?"

"A doctor party!"

And so I dashed back to that delightful aisle and snatched up my doctor finds. Doctor party it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment