Friday, July 18, 2008

BEWARE of the HANDTRAM

My friend, Michelle, (pictured here with me) along with a couple other friends joined me in a hike to the famous handtram near the town of Girdwood. All went smoothly (especially when you consider that the basket carrying us across the fiercely running stream could have
detached or the ropes could have been severed) so I was never nervous about death awaiting me if
I somehow ended up out of the basket and 60 feet below in the water. Michelle was only slightly
nervous but another girl had shaky legs when she crossed. It was a fairly good workout, too. You had to pull your way across which wasn't a big deal until we had to go up into the docking area. Handtrams are really fun...I had never tried one out and now I'm a believer! The hike in was about 2.5 miles and is temporate rain forest, so...there was no hurtin' for stunning scenery. It is so hard living in Alaska!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Mitch, Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your job looks so fun! I love your getting out adventures:) And yes we would love to come to Alaska. If we ever do, we know who to call. Later

    ReplyDelete