Monday, July 14, 2008

My First & Only

First of all, this photo makes me laugh. Debonaire really is NOT my style and yet, of all the glam shots I took, this is the one to make it onto our website. There must have been others where I was blinking or close-mouthed or something more representative of what I really look like (especially, but not exclusively) in photos.
It was my first trip into a professional studio for a headshot. The photographer had the studio in his house...it looked like he had added on to the back. I was there with one of the evening reporters. She spent about 20 minutes just moving a couple hairs around while I spent one, making sure no
hairs were sticking straight up. I gotta say, the guy was cool with me. I never once felt like we all generally feel when having pictures taken; that our necks are twisted unnaturally, our pose slanted, and our overall body position awkward. He did egg me on a couple times, trying to get me to dig deep and give him all I had (sometimes referred to as "making love with the camera) by touting, "Come on, Sego! Give me pouty, give me pouty! Now stern! Lemme see it!" I walked out of that studio feeling like a real professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment