
Now this was a good time! So good in fact that I'm headed back to Whittier just as soon as the rain and wind stop. I'm planning an overnighter so that I have time to do some more exploration and get up close to the tidewater glacier in Blackstone Bay. At least, now I feel comfortable enough to take on some wave action. These waters are glacier fed so they (as you might imagine) are STINKIN' COLD! If you get into nasty waves and tip here, you only have a few minutes before hypothermia sets in.
By the way, I haven't uploaded any of my pics because I'm missing my USB cable to my camera. I swear, it disappeared into thin air...and despite all my searching, I think it may be a lost cause so as soon as I get a new one, I'll get those "loverly" shots posted. Something for you to look forward to...
No comments:
Post a Comment